By July 2011 I was already a proud mother of two beautiful kids. I had moved to Germany from India. Delivered my second child, my beautiful daughter in Germany, in less than a year of our relocating. Everything had changed for me , from my body, to my country, my life.. everything. This lifestyle change came with many joys and pains... ok I'll be honest..it was one of the hardest phases of my life.
Although I wasn't yet into my mid-life, I started feeling old , overwhelmed and worn out already. While I loved and missed my regular Indian attire like salwar kameez, kurtis and beautiful saris, I felt I had to figure out a way of dressing that practical and more importantly aligned with my new life in Germany. Something that would help me integrate faster and better. I also wanted to gain a sense of control over my life, feel beautiful and vibrant again. Through random Google searches I happened to come across this website that got me really interested. It stated that "When you understand your Type and express yourself in your style, amazing things happen. You walk through each day with more confidence. You offer your gifts to the world. And you always look amazing!". It was like a message I've been longing to here.
This is where my journey with "Live your Truth" began. Let me clarify from the onset, this post is not a paid promotion for "Living Your Truth". I'm sharing this because it truly help me gain tremendous insights into my personality type, colors and patterns that work for me, how to combine various pieces of clothing and accessories, creative ways to apply make-up that go with my "type", type of jewellery and shoes that best suit my style, all about hair and how to style it and loads more. After several weeks of visitng the blog and weaning all that was available for free I got myself a subscription. It's one of my best investments ever.
I was amazed at how all the learning impacted my looks and style and how it not only took away the years but infused a new energy. Even now, when I don't feel good about how I look I visit the "living your truth".
I also benefitted a lot from book "The Child Whisperer" which was an absolute game changer and helped me become a much better parent.
Check out all the links here.
Beginners Guide to "Live Your Truth" : here
Live Your Truth Tutorials : here
The Child Whisperer , a great book and resource for great parenting : here
Do share with me and the community how you find this resource and what you took away from "living & dressing your truth" .




No comments:
Post a Comment